Java Software Developer (Rotterdam)
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic software developer who would like to further develop his or her skills. At Connectis you will find that secure programming is key to keeping our company healthy. Therefore, we are looking for genuine developers; craftsmen that share our drive. We have a genuine learning environment and you will practice with us and learn how to become an expert java developer. You will learn how to create architectures that are inherently secure and code that reads like poetry. Doing so, you will become an expert on secure programming. You will contribute to our own SaaS and cloud applications with which we reach millions of end users. Our code is mission critical for many of our high-profile customers.
Our common vision
We move towards a new society where every person has a reliable reusable digital identity. This digital identity can be used to securely exchange information, engage into remote transactions and protect confidential data and devices.
This digital identity will be integrated into your phone, car, IoT devices and will – among other things – enable you fridge to order directly and securely at your grocery store. The emergence of global online trust between persons and organisations is a paradigm shift that will change the role of existing institution such as bank and governments.
The impact of this shift is immense, but vulnerable. We believe that a social enterprise like Connectis should lead the way and ensure a future internet with many new opportunities while maintaining citizen privacy and avoiding single points of failure. We want you to join us in transforming this vision into reality.
Some of the tasks
- Get training and guidance to become an expert at writing secure software
- Penetration test our own software
- Share secure programming knowledge with your team as well as review and provide feedback on each other’s work
- Analyze the security of our architecture
- Take part in daily stand-ups and discuss safety features with the product owner
- Develop features in our platform and extend our automated testing framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience developing Java web applications
- Experience using Spring/Guice, Hibernate, and Maven or similar
- Experience using version control, application servers, and unit testing
- You enjoy explaining things, discussions and knowledge sharing
- Good communication skills
- Affinity with hacking and security matters
- Creative developer that likes to work in a team and has a good learning curve
Nice to have
- MSc / PhD in a computer science related field
- Knowledge of software architecture design
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies and methodologies: Linux, SCRUM, Holacracy, REST, PostgreSQL, QA, Ansible, SAML, XACML
- Experience working in Agile
- No managers! Our company is governed through Holacracy giving you lots of opportunities for personal growth and creative freedom
- 25 days of holiday
- We will take good care of you with drinks, fruit, lunch and fresh salads
- Nice company trips and social events
- Cool office with table football and table tennis, in the city center of Rotterdam near Central Station
Connectis is a fast-growing company that offers solutions for secure and user-friendly online identification. Connectis transforms organizations, sectors and even countries by providing them with a safe infrastructure for online identification.
Thanks to the Connectis solutions, end users benefit from safer and more accessible internet. Public and private organizations reduce costs and risks and enhance the use of the digital channel. In the health sector, eHealth is made possible due to a higher level of reliability.
Connectis is an innovative company with advanced products. Connectis spends more than 50% of its turnover on R&D, employs more than 50 highly educated engineers and operates a self-managing organizational structure based on Holacracy.